The Birth Support Coaching Process
My coaching is customized to your needs
Everyone has a vision for their birth. Tell me yours and we’ll discuss how I can help you fulfill your goals. Call me at 631-209-7923 for your free consultation.
After our initial session, I can continue to provide support throughout the rest of your pregnancy. You will receive follow up sessions, additional exercises, as well as 24/7 chat support so you will never feel alone in your journey.
Birth is Personal. Childbirth Preparation Should Be, Too
The future of birth education and preparation is personalized care. Labor is a unique experience for each mom. So unfortunately, this often leads expecting mamas to think there’s nothing they can do to prepare. But, that’s not true. We only need to find what will work for you.
Medicine, fitness, nutrition, etc are all becoming personalized, so why shouldn’t your childbirth preparation? Customized coaching will not only give you the information you need to make important decisions during labor, but it will also provide evidence-based tools and continuous support. YOU deserve to have a joyous and positive birth.
What Do I Get Out Of Birth Support Coaching?
In our initial birth support coaching session, you’ll receive:
- Informed & Mindful Birthing Education
- Re-thinking pain during labor
- Physically preparing for labor
- Early vs false labor
- Stages of labor
- Routine hospital procedures (if birthing in a hospital)
- Personalized Labor Coping Skills
- Physical exercises to do alone or with a birth partner
- An instructional comfort measures video
- A five minute guided visualization/meditation MADE FOR YOU
- Personalized Birth Plan
- An outline of your birth goals, comfort measure preferences, and procedures you’d like to avoid
- Learn helpful tools on how to communicate with your care provider and birth partner
- Personalized Affirmations
- Digital files that you can print and use for encouragement in pregnancy and labor
A Focus On Mindfulness
Evidence-Based Labor Coping Skills
Research shows that individuals who regularly practice mindfulness have decreased anxiety, depression, and improved coping with pain. I use the techniques of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) as a birth support coach so I can teach you how to physiologically reduce pain during labor and birth.
MBSR is taught in medical schools around the world. The program originated at the University of Massachusetts Memorial Medical Center.